Skip to main content

Registered Plumbing Contractors


To be listed as a registered contractor in the Stege Sanitary District, a contractor must be licensed, have proper insurance and utilize required OSHA permits as described below:


All contractors doing sewer work within the District shall be properly licensed in accordance with the provisions of Division 3, Chapter 9, Business and Professions Code, of the State of California, as amended.Contractors shall present evidence of licensing, including license number.

Acceptable license classifications are:

  • "A" - General Engineering Contractor
  • "B" - General Building Contractor
  • "C-34" - Pipeline Contractor
  • "C-36" - Plumbing Contractor
  • "C-42" - Sanitation Systems Contractor


All contractors must obtain and maintain:

  • Worker's Compensation Insurance as required by California law, and,
  • General and Automobile Liability Insurance with a minimum coverage of $1,000,000. In accordance with District Specifications the contractor shall furnish to the District a certificate indicating that: “The Stege Sanitary District, its Directors, Officers, Representatives, Employees and Agents are included as additional insureds under the liability policies.”

The District may investigate the contractor's insurance coverage at any time. Failure of the contractor to obtain and maintain the insurance as noted above may cause the denial and/or revocation of contractor's permit, by the District.

OSHA Permit

All contractors working in excavation 5 ft. or deeper must obtain a permit from the California Division of Occupational Safety and Health.

OSHA permits may be obtained from the Cal-OSHA office by calling (510) 602-6517.

For the convenience of district residents, we maintain a directory of registered plumbing contractors.