The Private Sewer Lateral (PSL) Replacement Loan Program is designed to encourage property owners to protect and preserve the environment by offering a no-interest deferred payment loan of up to $10,000 to replace PSLs. The PSL loans are offered on a “first-come, first-served” basis to the extent of available funding. Repayment of the loans will be over a period not to exceed ten (10) years, have no pre-payment penalty, and will be collected through the annual property tax bills issued by the County.
The following requirements are necessary to apply for the PSL Loan Program:
- PSL must be associated with property served by the Stege Sanitary District.
- PSL must NOT have triggered the Regional PSL Program (eastbaypsl.com) either by buying or selling the property, building or remodeling in excess of $100,000, or changing the size of the water meter. (Ordinance 2213-1122)
- Submittal of a completed PSL Loan Program Application Form signed by the property owner.
- Submittal of three (3) lateral replacement bid estimates from qualified contractors dated within 90 days from date of application.
- If approved, submittal of a signed and notarized Contractual Assessment Agreement by the property owner.
District staff will review the application submittal and respond with approval or denial, typically within one week. If approved, the property owner will be required to submit a signed and notarized Contractual Assessment Agreement which will be recorded as a lien against the property. District staff will then provide the loan funding directly to the plumbing contractor based on the lowest qualified bid estimate up to $10,000.
Thank you for doing your part to protect and preserve the environment by replacing your PSL.